19/05/2016 - Notice of appointment of date for the exercise of electors' rights
NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT OF DATE FOR THE
EXERCISE OF ELECTORS' RIGHTS
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2016
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, Sections 26 and 27, and the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of Announcement: 19th May 2016
2. Each year the Council's Annual Return needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by the Audit Commission. The unaudited Annual Return has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review. Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31st March 2016 these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
The Clerk, Mrs. V. Grainger
Scaynes Hill Millennium Village Centre,
Scaynes Hill, West Sussex, RH17 7PG
on Tuesdays between 12.30 to 13.30 hrs. and Thursday between 10.00 to 11.00 hrs.
commencing on 6 June 2016
and ending on 15 July 2016
3. Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
• The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
• The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of accounts is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Council.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The council's Annual Return is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by
Responsible Financial Officer